GreenFleet is coming to WARWICKSHIRE for the first time on the 25 October 2018! Staged in association with Warwickshire County Council and supported by OLEV, this Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle (ULEV) showcase will be held at the Stoneleigh Park.
The Warwickshire region is globally renowned as a hotspot for low-emission vehicle excellence, and Warwickshire County Council has underlined its long-term commitment to the low-emission vehicle sector with an Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Strategy through to 2026. The Government has vowed to invest £500m over 10 years to 2023 to industrialise new low-carbon automotive technologies in the UK and plans to build a new battery facility for EVs in Warwickshire werebacked by £80m in funding. The National Battery Manufacturing Development Facility will be funded by Warwick Manufacturing Group, Coventry City Council and the Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership. The London Taxi Company (LTC) has also opened a new £300 million factory in Warwickshire to produce its new range-extender electric black cab. So, low carbon innovation is very much at the forefront of Warwickshire’s thinking… now we need to make it a reality!
Warwickshire County Council portfolio holder for Transport & Environment, Jeff Clarke, said: “It is vitally important that we have this long-term strategy in place. Warwickshire has a proud history of being at the forefront of the low-emission vehicle industry and this strategy will ensure that we remain there. It will support our industries in this sector while delivering huge environmental benefits. There are a lot of exciting times ahead in this sector with technology evolving all the time and that means there is a lot of work still do. This strategy will help us deliver real benefits for Warwickshire.”
Objectives in the strategy include:
- To support an integrated network of EV charge points
- To require private developers and landowners to provide EV charging
- To work with charge-point providers to trial modern technologies such as on-street lamppost charging and in-town rapid-charging hubs.
So there you have it, Warwickshire County Council clearly has the same vision as GreenFleet – and is therefore an ideal location for an event of this nature!
- Enabling you and your colleagues to ‘experience’ the latest ULEVs first-hand, by Test Driving on a specified local route, to give you a realistic experience. You will be accompanied by experts from the manufacturers, all designed to make sure that your questions are answered there and then.
- Attend keynote presentations from industry experts, including Warwickshire County Council and OLEV (Office for Low Emissions Vehicles), as well as TV presenter and motoring journalist Quentin Willson (host). This element of the event will highlight where Warwickshire is at with public infrastructure, the latest info on car and van grants, whilst also giving you an opportunity to ask all the burning questions you have!
- Round Table break-out Sessions, giving you the opportunity to speak to the vehicle manufacturers, solution providers and network with other fleet professionals and EV owners.
Need more reasons to attend
- Over the last few years in the UK there has been a remarkable increase in the demand for EV’s – new registrations of plug-in cars increased from 3,500 in 2013 to more than 125,000 by the end of November 2017.
- The Government forecasts van traffic to rise by 88 per cent between 2010 and 2035. Equally, numbers of cars and HGVs are forecast to grow by around 40 per cent over the same period. Assuming an average cost of 50 pence per mile, then the UK’s vans, alone, will cost around £20 billion a year to run… Unless converted to Electric or another ultra-low emission alternative, such as gas!
- The announcement confirming the banning of all petrol and diesel cars by 2040 in the UK!
- Comparing the average running costs of an EV versus a diesel or petrol vehicle - Fuel costs for a conventional car average 12 pence per mile, equating to £1,440 for an annual mileage of 12,000. Compare that to an EV the average cost per mile can be as low as 2p, making the annual expense just £240 – just imagine the savings on an entire fleet!
- There has been a steep increase on the number of up-and-coming Clean Air Zones across the country, causing an overload of information on air quality issues plastered all over the media. Much of this is confusing… Does it apply to you and your business? What do you do to make sure you comply? Is it going to cost you money? Is there any help out there? All of these questions, and much more, will be answered on the day!
- This event is completely FREE TO ATTEND and comes with a complimentary breakfast, all day refreshments and a buffet lunch!
So, if you’re based in or around the Warwickshire area, feel as though you are battling excessive fuel and running costs and simply lack knowledge on EV’s, PHEV’s, Gas-powered technology and Charging, you MUST attend GreenFleet WARWICKSHIRE! We will PROVE there is a greener way to run your transport operation, that benefits both the environment AND your budget!
For any further information, or to book your FREE place please contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to get back to you within 24 hours. Please note… Spaces are limited!